Ten significant places described in the novel Night:
- Execution Wall: Where Sad-eyed Angel was hung at the gallows.
- Hospital: Where the dentist worked.
- Kitchen: Where food was made for the prisoners. A man was shot trying to steal food during an air raid.
- Barracks: Where the prisoners slept.
- Registration Building: Where Jews received registered numbers.
- Gas Chamber: Where millions of Jews died, including Elie’s family.
- Entrance: Where selections by Dr. Mengele took place.
- Railroad: Where cattle cars transported the Jews from their towns to the concentration camps.
- To Birkenau: Where Birkenau (Auschwitz II) was located. Jews had to run from Birkenau to Auschwitz.
- Auschwitz I: Where Elie lived for three weeks.